Thursday, 24 October 2013

Too many balloons pop 'n' cut card...

Okay, so my experiment to see if I could fit 14 balloons on a card for my 14 year olds birthday Didn't work out as well as I'd hoped! 14 balloons are just too many. In order to fit them all on I tried to use a layer of acetate sheet as we did in last months Karen Burniston defying gravity design challenge. I tried to copy the technique Helen used on her Emma card.

This is the side view of it and as you can see I ended up just obscuring the back balloons with the ones on the acetate sheet.

On the plus side I found a lovely Karen Burniston balloon die I didn't know I had in my stash and can see the potential for a card like this but with less balloons!!
Oh I forgot to show you this photo of how I got the edging on the maroon card using Karen Burniston's stitched framelits.

3 comments:

  1. CUTE! This is fantastic and so exciting, Donna! I adore what you did with the Framelits for an edger, too. Smart, smart, smart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is a very fun card, it's not too many balloons, it's fun!!!!!!!!
    More is more, less is not more! That is my motto.
    Thank you for sharing, this made me smile.
    Jacquelene L
    Canada

    ReplyDelete