Search This Blog

Loading...

Tuesday, 11 March 2014

Lot of pops Daffodils card...

Hi everyone, here is the second post for Karen Burniston's March designer challenge which was to use any of the Pop it Ups dies for any Spring or Easter themed project. This time I thought I would make a card with a very spring-like Daffodil theme. Daffodils are my favourite flower, forget roses, I'd rather receive a lovely bunch of Daffs. The hello and friend dies are from Elizabeth craft designs

For the yellow part of Daffodil head I used Karen's Sizzix movers and shapers magnetic star die. The orange part of the head was created using Karen's sizzlits flower die, and the stem was made using my favourite die of all time, the flag pole decorative strip die.

This is how I made the yellow part of the flower head...

1. I stuck some double sided adhesive to the back of my yellow paper before running it through my Sizzix bigshot with the star die.

 

 

 

2. I then stuck the two star pieces to some plain white paper and cut the excess white paper away with a pair of scissors

3. Next I used a tracing wheel and a ruler to makedotted lines as shown. This is to make creasing the star into a 3D shape easier.

4. I used a fiskar eyelet punch to make a hole in the centre of star for the brad to fit through later.

5. The last thing to do was to crease the star along the dotted lines as shown.

The orange flute part of the daffodil was a little more fiddly and I did find different way to make them after I'd finished!! I posted the link to the different way here, but this is how I did mine...

Firstly I applied some more of my double sided adhesive sheets to the back of my paper, Amy tangerines 'ready, set, go' paper from American crafts. I then cut out the flowers using Karens sizzlits flower die and punched a hole in the centre.

 

 

 

I then peeled the back off the flowers and used tweezers to place them in the micro fine glitter pot. I dusted as much as I could off the flower then rubbed the glitter into the sticky side to make sure that when I coloured the glittery side with my promarkers they didn't get too covered in glitter.

 

 

I then coloured the glittery side with Amber and bright orange promarkers.

 

This was the most fiddly part of the whole process, I temporarily attached the flower to the top of a stickles bottle using an elastic band. I then carefully applied some clear glue to the flower making sure not to get glue on the elastic band or the bottle and left it like that until it was completely dry.

The stalks weren't as tricky, as the flagpole die did the job for me, (the adjoining leaves were easily cut by hand). All I had to do was punch a hole in one end and cut them to the correct length before securing all three pieces together with a yellow brad. I also used a grass die from Karens all seasons die set. Ta dah!!

 
The 'meet me in the sunshine' sentiment was along the edge of the Amy tangerine 12 x12 paper pad attached to the camera paper makes a personal addition to this seasonal card. I added the green stitching by running my tracing wheel along a ruler to mark the card before using a fine tip promarker to accentuate the line.
 

links to some of the products I used:

 
 

 

3 comments:

  1. Oh WOW - your lovely daffodils are SO cute and creative. Thanks so much for the tutorial on creating them. Lovely card.
    Cheers
    Karen A

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how clever making the daffodils using the star die. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those daffodils are wonderful! Thanks for showing how you made them.

    ReplyDelete