Search This Blog

Saturday 17 January 2015

New Home equals new craft cupboard...

We recently moved house and as my crafting space was to be in the dinning room we needed something to hide my craft stash quickly. I was able to recreate my craft cupboards using a 6 foot wide quadruple wooden wardrobe that had previously been in my bedroom.


I built the work surface at waist height using wood reclaimed from one of the childrens old single beds and some wooden storage units. I had to buy the wood for the shelves at the back though.


I knew the bottom shelf was going to be for ribbon so I glued and nailed a little lip on the top edge to stop the reels rolling off.


When everything is in plastic tubs and boxes you dont realise how many ribbon reels you have. I had so many I had to screw brass hooks into the roof of the wardrobe and suspend a 6ft dowel rod to hold the rest of my ribbon and string.

To give me a little more light I bought some kitchen under cupboard lights like these. I was able to upcycle a few more things from my kitchen cupboards including this pampered chef utensil holder.




To store my cling stamps I emptied old CD cases and used my dymo label maker to tag what was in each case.

The drawers at the bottom of the wardrobe hold my material and sizzix die stash.




 I've also downsized my collection of book to store my folders with thin dies in and paper on the bottom few shelves of the bookcase.







2 comments: