Search This Blog

Wednesday 12 August 2015

Denyse Schmidt fabric quilt using sizzix 2 1/4 inch hexagons...

Hello, I decided to make my children a family heirloom of a quilt each, this is the first quilt I have ever made and thought I would share it with you.


For this english paper piece quilt I used sizzix 2 1/4 inch hexagon die to cut out about 400 pieces of card. I cut the fabric into squares bigger than the hexagon as I didn't have a bigger hexagon die. I loosely tacked the fabric to the hexagons and ironed them all. (you don't have to iron them but I found they kepted their shape better for sewing) I then arranged them into different colour flowers and hand stitching them together.


For the edge of the underside of the quilt I followed badskirts tutorial.


I machine stitched the quilt sandwich using my brother sewing machine with a roller foot.



One down, two to go!!



links to some of the products I used...





No comments:

Post a Comment