Search This Blog

Monday 15 December 2014

Karen Burniston December challenge fathers day card

 For Decembers Karen Burniston  design team challenge Karen asked us to create cards for each month of the year, we were encouraged to used any special occasions or holidays in that month. I chose June as fathers day for the UK is in this month. I used Karen's Katie Label Accordion album die for this card and followed her instructional video to turn it in to a landscape card rather than the portrait position the die is created for.



My parents visited this month to do our Christmas present swap and my lovely mum who also enjoys card-making brought me a father day stamp set she received free on the front of a crafting magazine. I used blue and bronze heat reactive embossing powder to create the stamped 'worlds greatest dad' wording.



I used a gold shimmer sheetz and brown microfine glitter on dark cardstock with my Elizabeth craft designs wheelbarrow and accessories die set to give this very handsome card a little more pzazz. 

I cut the shimmer sheetz using the Elizabeth craft designs metal plate adaptor which helps the big shot to make much cleaner cuts of the sheetz. To attach the glitter I used double sided adhesive sheets that I received in the post from ECD.





Links to some of the products I used...


No comments:

Post a Comment