Search This Blog

Monday 12 August 2013

Chocolate pop n cut mug...

As one of my very best friends has been really poorly, I wanted her to know how much she means to me, so I created this using my new Karen Burniston pop n cut mug insert.


The cream on top of the mug was made using a sizzix cloud die covered in stickles 'stardust' glitter glue. I hand cut the hot chocolate dribble and covered that with some anita high gloss embossing liquid and more stickles glitter glue.


The quote is mounted on a sizzix fancy label frame die. The Bourbon biscuits were made using a domino embossing folder and then cutting each one out by hand.


I achieved the chocolate bar effect by using a crease pad with a silicone pad and the smallest rectangular framelit die I have. (don't forget to put the other cutting pad on top like I did or it won't work!)
 
 
I used Microsoft word to create my quote which is in harrington font. I found the quote on my favourite online place.. Pinterest:)

 
and the inspiration for my chocolate theme; My daughter made herself a very yummy looking hot chocolate with marshmallows (and she wouldn't share with me, I bet my friend would have!)

 
 

 

6 comments:

  1. Everything about this is delicious! I love the way the chocolate looks spilling down the side of the mug and yay for chocolate bar with embossed squares. So smart! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Thanks for the comment back on MY blog this morning. I just love your mug Pop 'N Cut cards. Now I'm even more excited to get that die! They are really hard to get in our city, which is odd. Even hard to find via mail order unless I order from the US. Finally, our local scrapbook store was placing a big order with Sizzix and she added the mug/heart die onto her order for me. Hurray!
    You asked about the code to add a Pinterest button ... here are a few of the links I went to to find the code. The hardest part (it's really quite easy once you have the code) is to find the correct place to put it. I finally figured out it was near the end of my blogger template, and it was /body not just body . That sentence will make sense when you go to the links, as you are copying their code and pasting it right above the /body html. Ha - that's why I don't mess around with html! (It won't let me post the word with the <> in it.
    http://www.getcreativejuice.com/2013/04/pinterest-how-to-add-mouseover-pin-it.html
    http://www.codeitpretty.com/2013/03/the-big-guide-to-pin-it-buttons-for.html

    and the one I ended up finally getting it to work was:
    http://www.codeitpretty.com/2013/05/how-to-install-official-pin-it-hover.html

    Again thanks for the comment and for sharing your wonderful creations!
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Karen A and Karen B :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh such a yummy card!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a yummy card, love the chocolate dripping down the mug & the chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect card for a special friend. I love the chocolate and the biscuits and the chocolate dripping down and the cloud whipped cream. Now I am thinking this card could be used for tea, makes me think of that song "Tea for two, two for tea...." Thank you for sharing the techniques for making the chocolate, I will be using that one, and also the biscuits.
    Jacquelene L
    Canada

    ReplyDelete