Search This Blog

Monday 12 August 2013

Happy birthday pop n cut mug...

This card is for my hubby who is really old this month;)

 
 
I didn't have the right size framelits for the happy birthday to sit in nicely, so I cut the blue using the Karen Burniston pop n cut label insert and just trimmed it. The black part of that sign was cut using one of the sizzix fancy framelit dies, and the green part I just trimmed by hand. The happy birthday is from my tattered lace sentiments block and the 40 is from my cuttlebug typeset alphabet and number set.

 
I had at hand one of my favourite strip dies for the flag pole and 'daddy' bunting.The froth on top of the beer was created by using a cloud die cutter.
 
 
I wanted to replicate this traditional beer mug so used a sheet of acetate and repeated the same technique as on the chocolate bar in my hot chocolate mug post.
 

 

7 comments:

  1. So awesome! Happy birthday to your hubby. What a great birthday card. Love the way you made the mug look like the glass beveled inspiration. The flagpoles are an awesome touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, totally fun! I saw this on Pinterest and wanted to let you know how much I like your card.
    Cheers, Karen
    www.alteredscrapbooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you all for stopping by and leaving such lovely comment:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is amazing ... perfect male card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever using the clouds for froth on the mug. 40 isn't old, it's 34 plus vat right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha, maths isn't my strong point so I'll take your word for it:).

    ReplyDelete