Search This Blog

Saturday 3 August 2013

Tooth fairy candy cup...

The tooth fairy hasn't been very reliable for my oldest children, so now the youngest one is getting her first wobbly tooth I thought I'd better be more prepared. This households tooth fairy prefers to collect from purpose made tiny pillows instead of underneath children's pillows!!

I searched and searched for 'mat board' as I'd seen that is what crafters use when making their more sturdy creations but couldn't find any anywhere. My good crafty friend over at diningroomdrawers told me to use 'mount board'. So after a little trip to HobbyCraft I now have some cream and some black board.

I used Eileen Hulls candy cup sizzix scoreboard die to make the tooth holder, and my favourite decorative strip die that cuts flag poles and bunting. I hand stitched the tooth pillow using some inch thick satin ribbon and a little stuffing. The tiny buttons are actually some very cute brads I picked up at graftoncrafts.

No comments:

Post a Comment